𝐂𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐦 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐂𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 - 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫'𝐬 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐

February 01, 2022

Costume Commission

    Hello 2022 and hello costume commission earlier this year. At this time I got a commission costume for Lunar New Year 2022, honestly it's the second time I made a shirt with a similar occasion. The client use red and black as the basis for the shirt colors. For me, this occasion was quite interesting as we surrounded a shop with several floors to get the fabric as desired. Thankfully after searching for a few hours and being helped by the workers there, we finally found three types of fabric for this shirt.


    We take measurements of clothes directly in the store and furthermore, about the smaller details will be informed through whatsapp. Interesting is the first word when doing this two-way communication, especially through chat and photos about the size of some of the details of the shirt. To be honest the commission this time is consumed quite a lot of time, I have recently been overwhelmed working on commissions in e-commerce, so for this costume commission system I ask clients to give longer time period. Fortunately it can be completed before the deadline time and hopefully suitable for use during the event.


Quality Over Quantity.

    I'm quite happy working on commission costumes, but I realize that working on a commission does take enough time and energy to produce maximum work. In previous years, I received a lot of commission costumes with very tight deadlines with the neat and clean stitches. This kind of work behavior was affected me in this year. I want to keep the quality of my seams and my work, so I choose to work on costumes with a longer period of time and will add charge fee to the costume with short-term workmanship.
    I became more strict with the commissions that came to me. Indeed we need money, but for example, one-four sets of clothes with a quick deadline and asked for a lower price I feel dejected to doing it. Moreover, when I imposed the will because it doesn't sound good to reject the commission, it turned out to cause a burn-out and tended to close myself even close orders for commission costumes for months ahead. I do think to train a stress control in the future, so that I can do better work / accept new costume commissions. I think this is what you called the importance of quality over quantity.


Finished Costume

    The first reason of client reaching me is because she's seeing the results of Skz costume that I posted last November. I was flattered by her words and after seeing and reviewing the design desired by the client, then setting a deadline date, I finally said "yes, I can take this commission". Furthermore, I will be posting a lot of photos from the commission and hopefully you guys can see the beautiful side of this costume. For me honestly, I feel quite satisfied with the work I am doing.








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you