𝐓𝐎𝐊𝐘𝐎 𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 - 𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐘𝐂𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐍

August 26, 2021

 RECYCLED BEVERAGE CAN - ALUMINIUM

    I got Inspired by the Cosplay de UMIGOMI Zero competition to recognize unique activities using cosplay to address the issue of ocean debris (umigomi is a combination of the Japanese words for ocean (umi) and waste or trash (gomi)).  This competition is used as a medium for raise awareness of the issue of ocean debris and contribute to its reduction from the unique perspective of cosplayers, and to give exposure to superior endeavors being carried out around the world.  I thought about using an unused beverage ca to be accessoriess material that have selling worth. 

    I saw many cosplayers from Indonesia who participated in this competition last year and won prestigious champions. For me, this event is one of the efforts to help the world with the sign of creativity to make unused goods into high-value goods. I've made several accesoriess that came from unused beverage can.

Tokyo Revengers Inspired Earrings


THE FIRST ATTEMPT FAILED and THE NEXT SECCEEDED

    Last year I tried to make earrings inspired by Hallyu Wave (Korean inspired earrings) with asymmetrical shapes and take the original color of aluminium (beverage can material). Unfortunately, I shut down the project because it didn't achieve the end result as expected. I used to love buying earrings with simple and elegan style because they look beautiful and charming. At first, I got influenced by the Hallyu Wave through korean drama also kpop idols, and then I had this thought "Why not try to make my own earrings?" I finally thought about making it myself and it wasn't easy.

TOKYO REVENGERS INSPIRED EARRINGS

    So this year I tried again, trying to make my own earrings with a different inspiration. I previously got inspiration from the Hallyu Wave, but now it comes from Japan with the anime production. I've watched and read manga from Tokyo Revengers and can't help but feel my curiosity in making it into accessories. I made two types of accessories, namely key chains and earrings.

    At first I was afraid of failing again, because the previous one I had spent quite a lot of paint on and the results were far from good. But this time I tried to maintain my spirit by making accessories from my favorite characters in Tokyo Revengers: Izana and Mitsuya.

    I had enough trouble making accessories belonging to Izana (key chains and earrings) because the red paint I used took about 3-4 days to dry thoroughly. Plus the gold bezel on the earrings is also a unique thing but also complicated to work with. For Mitsuya, I'm having trouble with the white lines on his earrings. As for Kakucho there are no significant difficulties. Plus I made Hanma-inspired earrings.

    I'm quite happy with the end result of the accessories I worked on. The experience of working at a jewelry company turned out to be enough to make me have a little sentimental feeling. Color, size and meterial greatly affect the taste / image that you want to give to customers.

SHOP: Toko Online tutati.studio | Shopee Indonesia




YOUTUBE (VIDEO FOOTAGE): Tokyo Revengers Inspired Earrings (Eco Friendly - Recycled Beverage Can) - YouTube

SHOP: Toko Online tutati.studio | Shopee Indonesia

ALL SNS : NAMIEKA | Linktree




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you