𝐂𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐌𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐍: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐌𝐄 𝐈 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐓

August 14, 2021

COSTUME DESIGN

    Early on I worked in a theme park, I designed some kind of costume. Back then, I was just starting to design digitally through Photoshop by using mouse pad, but now I started to use pentab and it's more convenient to do. Designing is not easy, sometimes you need to re-describe the concept given by creative and after so have to be discussed again to find the same goal. Some of the designs I made had both positive and negative impressions. These are some designs that I dislike the most, either in terms of design or when it is finished.



GLASS CHARACTER

    This design is made for women as well as men. This costume is inspired by people who perform on stage in glass costumes. If it is considered in terms of design, actually I think these designs were good enough because I got positive comments both from the boss and creative team.

    The thing I dislike most about this costume is the process of making it as well as the finished result when used by the cast. At this project, I got responsibility to find the vendor to create this costume after finish designing. To be honest, I choose not to work with friends I've known for a long time. I don't know, sometimes a lot of bad things happen and this is one example. Bad things happen when I in contact with my old friend to work on this costume. There's some misunderstanding on both party that lead to chaos in production process. Luckily I have a good senior and boss, so I can deal with this problem with a cool head and finish this project pretty well.

    The thing I'm worried from this costume is that there are glass ornaments with pointed ends, thus endangering the cast who wear these clothes. I feel very guilty about this and because this misunderstanding caused a terrible thing in some ways.

GLASS CHARACTER DESIGN I

GLASS CHARACTER DESIGN II

FINISHED PRODUCT (WORN BY CAST)




CHEERS DESIGN

    This costume has some design changes from the reference, sometimes I'm asked to design with colorful themes with complicated designs, sometimes also back to designs that are not too complicated and tend to be ordinary. This was the finished result of a wide variety of rejected designs and I finally managed to pass a pair of designs for cheers. In the original design, there is a logo on the middle of the top. The colors of this design are adapted to the zone the cheers are located in.

    The thing I least like about this costume is the final product (worn by cast). Actually, a bad thing happened when the laundry team accidentally made a mistake when washing this shirt. These clothes shrink so they can't be used and need to be repaired immediately because they are part of the show. At that time the cast was very angry and even led to a great war of two divisions.

    Finally after getting extra care to this clothes, all the costumes can be used again. I think this accident can be a learning process for a wardrobe team as well as laundry team to support each other. Tbh,eEach costume has a different characteristic of fabric that are used to support the design so that it can achieve a beautiful shape when worn by the cast.

CHEERS DESIGN


FINISHED PRODUCT (WORN BY CAST)


    Photos credit to the right owner. I use them as comparison to my costume design. Some of the costumes were never photographed due to tight schedule of the show.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you