𝐂𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐌𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐍: 𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐈𝐍 𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐈

August 05, 2021

INDOOR THEME PARK IN BALI

    It was my first experience to work at the theme park. It's not long after I graduated from college, so I applied to be on of the worker there and glad I passed the interview as wardrobe team.  As someone who has limited work experience, this is one of though job for me. Sure at first, I troubled bcs there is no one that I can ask about the work and I stayed with the creative team for four days before the head project of wardrobe and makeup come to Bali (the seniors are stayed in Jakarta and will be moved out to Bali after all the work settled). 

    Long story short, my coworker in my division is all from Jakarta and you know what? they're work really fast! It's difficult to maintain the same work pace as them, but sure after one or two months passed, I began to work as fast as them (I'm still far behind if you compared us, perhaps it has related to work experience they've had. They're three years older than me and previously work for one of the private television in Indonesia. Sure, entertaintment industry is one of fast paced environment in work related). 



COSTUME DESIGN : ACTION ZONE

    So, we got less than a month to complete some costume designs for the opening project of this theme park. As wardrobe team division, who's taking care for the costume from budgeting to maintain the costume as well. We got some duties to create a costume design for specific zone. FYI, we had five-six zones, with different themes and designs and I got an opportunity to work for the entire design of one zone. 

    I wanna thanks to to the whole team, we manage to finish the project in time. Sure, it's difficult to persue the same idea to the CEO and other ranks of official. Furthermore, they need to do meeting quite often for bringing the ideas with the design that will match for each zones. We work in tight schedule, with three months left before the day of grand opening. 

    I think it's quite thrilling for me designing the whole costumes for one zone. Our head project told us to scrolling through web of world famous fashion brand with their latest collection to bring some idea that will match for each zone. I got victorian era costume, so I checked the web and then did digital sketching. (Its bit different to my college's life, at first we began to do research and later do brain storming and then sketching. But at work, I just do sketching bcs we had creative to do the research work).

   This project is one of my tasks that I did from 0 to 100%. From sketching, finding the vendor (the one who will sew the costume), taking care of the budgeting, and check the final parts (finished costume also final fitting for the cast of the show). I wanna thanks for the opportunity given to me to this day. I create eleven design for this zone and thanks to our head project who supervised the whole designing process, from the color matches also the lenght of each design for the costume set. I thank God for this opportunity, bcs for me this's one of big event that come to my life. From someone who doesn't really know how the show works and now is the part of backstage crew.

  • SKETCH

 
  • COLORED SKETCHES


  • FINAL PRODUCT (Worn by cast)







    Photos credit to the right owner. I use them as comparison to my costume design. Some of the costumes are never photograhed due to tight schedule of the show.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you