𝐂𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐌𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐍: 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐖 & 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐄

August 07, 2021

 INDONESIA CULTURE : COSTUME PARADE

    So, there's an incoming request to create a couple design at this parade. But there's something different about the design I used to make. This time I was asked to make a design with the acculturation of Indonesian culture. To be honest, I was a little scared when I'm working on it because when it came to culture, the responsibility was higher because I'm worried that there was a misplaced design on the clothes I made.

    This time the design focuses more on Balinese culture. I saw the Balinese dance costume several times and thought about putting some details on the costume this time. Usually our division works on costume design only, but it can widen on accessories or properties depending on the demand from creative (there are other divisions that take care of accessories and property, so it is better to work with people who are experts in their field).

    The couple were inspired by the princess and prince from fictional stories. Those who will wear this costume will use hover-boards so there are design specifications made to support the activities of the cast later. I managed to finish this female character design well, unfortunately on the male design I had difficulty on the accessories and property part, so I only worked on half of it. 





CAN CAN DANCE: COSTUME SHOW

    One design that I think is quite time consuming to work on is this design. So, the request this time is to make an outfit that will be used in the Can Can dance. So previously, we had a design and it had been finished in the form of clothing. For one thing or another, I was asked to create a new design to customize with the color design of this show stage.

    The demand is quite difficult this time because the dance features sexy side of the dancer with a fairly high leg movement and also has a difficult part, such as: salto & split. However, it must be adapted to eastern cultural cultures (Indonesia), so the costume should not be too open.

   I made several designs with eight different color variants. Specifically these clothes, are distinguished into two: used for shows and parades. Unfortunately, the parade design will not necessarily be made of finished clothes or will only be used as a design draft only. So, the design I showed you this time was the clothes used in the latest show. 

    The design turn out so beautiful in form of real costume. This was a great work of our vendor with supervised by our head of project.




    My division team included only three people. Two people have the task of designing (me and my friend) and then supervised by the head of the project and thus he will present the design to the CEO and other officials. Once all the designs are approved, it will be divided who will take care of the production process. 

    I happen to be one of the old employees, so I'm in charge of managing the in and out of money from our devision with the help of finance team (Bali branch). These designs above just a few of new design project, which is  mean a new settlement / new managing in terms of money. These designs requires a new price quote to finance team on the centre branch (Jakarta). I'm glad we had our leader who take the resposibility for all the tasks, he manage all processes runs smoothly also share every tasks to each person. So everyone had different resposibility to watch over (costume).

    Tbh, three months less to compose the design until the making of costumes is not an easy thing. A lot of divisions play an important role here, but I certainly don't tell you anything. Maybe on another occasion, they'll appear in my story on this blog.

P.S : Credit photos to respectful owners. I use them as comparison to my costume design.

The two costumes above appear in the same frame.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you