𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐁𝐞𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐲 𝐒𝐏 𝐆𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐔𝐛𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 - 𝐎𝐧𝐦𝐲𝐨𝐣𝐢 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬

October 08, 2021

    Onmyoji is one of the mobile games that I love. Initially interested because of the details of the characters' clothes in it, then instead continued the game for several months. Unfortunately when I started entering the office world, I couldn't play this game intensely and decided to stop. This happened at the end of 2018.


    In December 2020, I plan to realize Onmyoji cosplay. One of them is SP Guardian Ubume. This character has intricate details and is also beautiful, so at the beginning of 2021 I tried to contact the fabric printing place to ask the price of services, the type of fabric and the length of the printing process. I feel lucky to be able to realize this cosplay in the midst of pandemic conditions. I have to thank the client who entrusted the costume work to me at that time, because with that income I was able to start this project.

    Actually, I just had the idea of working on September 2021. Quite a long time from the original plan of Januari 2021. With the fabric material that I have at home, I'm not barely spending a penny here. Only the fabric of the skirt that I bought new, this is because my fabric is not long enough so I decided to buy it online (we're in the middle of pandemic and this is a better choice in my opinion bcs there's restrictions in my region).





    I really like these clothes, I tend to like layered and complicated clothes. Of course, the effort to make clothes like this is greater than others. But it's worth the end result. On the haori, I use furing in it and it's quite complicated to work with. To be honest, I didn't use any patterns at all in the work of this costume, I just used an approximation and immediately carried the fabric I had. It's nice to be able to work on a costume without making the pattern, because it saves more work time.

YouTube Video of SP Guardian Ubume Costume: https://youtu.be/Wt-27PgIWIc

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you