𝐘𝐨𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐲𝐚 "𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧 𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐭" - 𝐂𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐬𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬

October 08, 2021

    I was finally able to make one of the character costumes from Genshin Impact. Yoimiya from the beginning of her appearance had already stolen my attention. I actually have an orange fabric like her design. That's why I finally decided to make this costume. Sometimes the way I choose a cosplay character to play is quite unique, I often match the fabric / wig that I have, so I can cut the budget enough to create a new cosplay project.


    I think this cosplay project is one of the most expensive for me. Actually, when you viewed from the outside, the costume is not too fancy or even seem ordinary but what makes it different is I tried to  maximized the type of fabric I used on this project. Some of the fabrics I use are premium dutches, glitter jacquard, and fabrics that have texture and there are nylon threads that are visible if exposed to light.

    For Yoimiya's clothing motifs design, I do it manually and spend up to five days (sometimes it cost 4 hours a day or even more). When compared between sewing work with manual painting, of course you will spend more time on manual painting. I did it happily, because it had been a long time not drawing on the cloth.

    The thing that makes it difficult in this cosplay is the accessories section. I had quite a hard time with Yoimiya's hairdressing and also I spent quite a lot of time choosing the type of strap I used for her leg accessories. It's nice to see everything get done well and the part I couldn't finish was the vision, the bracelet, the tattoo, and the arrow.













    The thing I can't forget when working on this project is the work on the large spaghetti obi. I spent almost 2kg of dakron to fill 4.5m red jacquard fabric and 3m white motif cotton fabric. The two fabrics above must be multiplied by two, because this spaghetti is wrapped around each other.

    The fun thing is working on the bustier part. I use stagen (commonly used by birthing mothers) with a length of 10m fabric, I can use it for bustiers, arm accessories and thighs.

ALL SNS: NAMIEKA | Linktree


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you