𝐂𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐦 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐲 𝐊𝐢𝐝𝐬 "𝐓𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬" 𝐂𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐃𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫

December 02, 2021

COSTUME COMMISSION - OCT/NOV '21

    Thank you October - November 2021! It's a wrap, I'm really grateful for the opportunity working with such a great people. I'm working on a dance cover group costume and it's from Stray Kids with their song "Thunderous". For me, it's a reunion with an old workmate, seven of the members of this dance cover were my co-workers at the company.


    Actually, I was quite surprised by the deadline given. Less than three weeks of work, but I was convinced by their spokesperson that I was able to do this after seeing a video of Haori (outer traditional Japanese dress) that I've made. Therefore, I am sure to take this given opportunity. 

    After searching hanbok definition through wikipedia. I've discovered that the clothes I've been made named jaegori and it's the basic upper garment of the hanbok, worn by both men and women. It covers the arms and upper part of the wearer's body.

    There's something unique about this shirt. At first I hesitated to choose which pattern method was best used to make jaegori. After doing a break down of each pieces of the clothes and consider that all the clients this time are men. I decided to make a different pattern than usual (type / way of making patterns, affecting the results of clothing). To be honest, this month I received quite a lot of package orders with very tight deadlines and it's a challenging for me.

    To be honest, I always do purchasing by online and this time the purposes to go to offline store is irresistible. We (I and their spokesperson) choose the best material for the outfit. At first, I was terrified when read this message (the urge buying offline) lmao. Sure, this client is an exception, I never do an offline shopping on this pandemic and here I'm break my parents rule. Nevermind, we go up there with standard health protocol, using mask and carrying hand sanitizer in our bag. After finish buying the material, we got three types of fabric, such as sateen silk, gold patterned lame, and chiffon.

Going outside //please welcome makhluk goa//

All fabrics

PATTERN MAKING & CUTTING PROCESS

    At the measurement part, I thought they will have three different sizes by looking at their body shape and yeah, I guess it right. One client with L size and the other are mostly M with two member are S. After doing this step, I'll start to group them based on body shape and then the type of clothing pieces to be used. This makes it easy when cutting and sewing process.

I made six different pattern for this costume set

Behind the scene, every sewing part

    The most complicated thing about this costume is when cutting materials, because after being done it turns out they have a lot of pieces and also I use interfacing at some parts. Thankfully I was able to finish this costume in a week, so there was time for fittings and repairs if there were parts that didn't fit.

Black sateen silk

White chiffon

Sleeves part-- Seungmin's and Hyunjin's

White sateen silk

Gold patterned lame

PHOTO CATALOGUE - ALL MEMBERS

    The hardest costume in my opinion is Hyunjin's and Seungmin's. The gold parts on the arms and shoulders should be fused and that is quite difficult to do because of the curved surface of the fabric piece. It takes a lot of effort to do it haha. The easiest costume was Changbin's, because it comes without too much detail and the simplicity.

  • Han 


  • Bang Chan



  • Seungmin



  • I.N


  • Hyunjin





  • Lee Know


  • Felix


  • Changbin


    It feels, if I get this order again, I can already calculate the appropriate calculation of time, cost and service price.It's nice to be able to finish it before the deadline falls. I've also taken photos and videos that can be seen on my SNS.

SHOP: Toko Online tutati.studio | Shopee Indonesia

IG: tati (@tutati.studio) • Instagram photos and videos

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you