𝐋𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐃𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮 𝐂𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐞 | 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐄𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐕𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐠𝐞

May 30, 2021

COSTUME COMMISSION: COSPLAY     

    It feels like it's been a while since the last time I received a cosplay costume commission. I wasn't in good shape earlier this month, but doing costumes was a pleasure for me. Some time ago, I always accepted costume making with a very narrow deadline. So this time, I asked the commissioner: "does this costume want to be used in the near future?". Although I'm used to short costume work (working on 3-4 costumes with different designs in two weeks). The side effect is after the work on the costume is completed, because I needed a long recovery after it's done. 

    The costume workmanship is quite complex in some parts. For example, I need to think about the details of each costume and think a flexible way of using  them for the user. The crucial thing for me is the fitting process, this part is an important point after the conversation about the costume details desired by the commissioner. So, usually I work quite quickly from the process of making patterns, cutting materials and sewing them. For me, it will be quite time consuming for costume repair after the fitting process.
YT Header | namieka__

 LADY DIMITRESCU: RESIDENT EVIL VILLAGE

    Cosplay costumes are quite complicated, because each character has a different design and depends on the fabric carried by the costumer (oh, I received a costume creation with fabric from the commissioner. When compared to kpop dancer costume workmanship, I think it's long enough to work on cosplay costumes. For Lady Dimitrescu, it took me a week to finish the work. Of course, this work is not full in a day, maybe it is only 4-6 hours a day.
    I always see costume references from other cosplayers, and it's used as a comparison as to which pattern I'm going to use. Of course, seeing the details of the characters (games/manga) is also the main point before comparing them to the costume of other cosplayers.

Resident Evil Village | Lady Dimitrescu







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you