𝐈 𝐋𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐅𝐁 : 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐁𝐞𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐈𝐭

April 18, 2021

🌸 PERSONAL FB ACCOUNT

    I have been using facebook since 2009, at that time I was helped by my friends Lily and Devi to make this SNS. At first I forgot my password, so the next day I created a second account that I had used until April 2021. I really like this social media, because many friends in my timeline that come from diferrent background & I often get new knowledge through reading comment sessions. Even though I like it a lot, there are certainly a lot of things that bother me when I use this SNS.

🌸 THE REASON WHY I LEFT FB

    After a long time of thinking, finally on April 7, 2021, I decided to delete my personal fb account. Many things caused me to decide to delete forever rather than deactive account. One of the strong reasons is the sense of sadness that I can't bend. Yup, the day before the account deletion, my timeline was filled with sad news from a cosplayer who had cancer. I'm quite devastated by this news because honestly, since Covid-19, my life has declined considerably and I tend to close myself with friends that I usually contact. I wasn't strong enough to bear that emotional burden, especially since this isn't the first time my timeline has been filled with grief news, so I decided to end my presence in this SNS.

🌸 SECOND OPTION : DEACTIVE

    I've done deactive accounts in 2018, starting from April to the end of the year if I don't misremember. At that time I was very stressed with real life because I was undergoing a final-level exam in college. Not only facebook, I also deactive instagram account, so that people do not look for my whereabouts. To be honest, after all that had passed, I reactivated both accounts even though I finally realized that my cosplayer friend who used to be on my timeline had passed away of illness (when I was deactive). I wonder why she never showed up on the timeline and searched for her account name. I was so shocked to see the news of her death when I reached her SNS account.

    After exploring the options I had taken in 2018, I finally decided to delete my facebook account forever. I haven't had any plans to go back to using facebook in the meantime. I certainly have a second account, but this account is only intended as a voting tool for my kpop idol when the comeback. So, yes.. I don't want to make it an account that I actually use to socialize. I'm quite happy to be on instagram and twitter at the moment, in fact I interact more often with new people because it's pretty quiet when you no longer use facebook account to interact.

🌸 THE CONCLUSION FROM THIS ACT

    I'm pretty happy with being on instagram and twitter. I prefer to start something new like twitter to interact, because on fb I feel lonely and alone.. I don't know, I feel uncomfortable mainly because I don't have much activity at the moment, so I pretty much spend time at SNS. So, I think it's the right choice to start a peaceful life to my liking. Surely there is a price that I face by stopping using fb such as the lack of information about the development of cosplay today and not interacting too much with my friends.

    I still have a fb page to inform of my existence and as a means to share my cosplay work as well, so I feel quite happy even with only the existence of this fb page. We can still interact through the comment session, DM even I'm also quite open to answer questions that go through instagram (because I'm more here at the moment). Not much has changed with the way I socialize, I only limit one SNS but open up a lot of opportunities on other social media because using a lot of accounts is quite draining to take care of it.





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you