𝐈'𝐦 𝐁𝐞𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐁𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 : 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐬 - 𝐅𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲

February 07, 2021

     I've been thinking to write this over a year. Here's some joy of overworking despite the reduce of health in February 2020. I'm beyond blessed to find coworkers whom really care about my health (I even got the medicine from the doctor's prescription also came to otorhinolaryngologist, because I sneeze blood at four in the morning). Before the Covid-19 spread in Indonesia, I had been wearing a health mask since the fourth week of January to maintain health because I did not want to infect others. If you asked this question : "Why don't you take some time off?" the answer is impossible, with a small number of workers and a lot of work, this is a thing that can not be happened.


1. Bad Weather

     Is it possible due to bad weather in January-February ? The answer is yes, it's raining all day long and I often use flip flop to office and then change it to shoes afterwards (parking area is bit far and you need umbrella for this). I also have a cold allergy, so if it's raining outside + strong air conditioner at office that will be the bad combo after all. My condition worsened in the fourth week of January with signs of fatigue with colds and sneezing, plus a dizzy head. Therefore I do not spend too much energy and try to eat in a timely manner while taking generic drugs.

Normally we wear uniforms properly at work, but I often wear hoodies because I can't stand the cold. I just wear it at our office and and take it off while working with other ppl.


2. Overworking

     We started working by shift, there're two choices (heading out at 6 p.m or 8.pm) but these two were not possible to do, because of the efficiency/lack of workers. We finally can finish work at 10.00 p.m, heading home at 10.30 and start again tomorrow. 

     We also have a new design project for another place and I'm honored enough to be included in this project (there are several designs to be worked on by the deadline of Feb 25 and of course there is a revision in the middle, therefore must try well in the deepening of the design material). So the work is growing and I'm not sure to take the day off. I've also had an extra job since my senior quit, which is I also work on financial statements for money in and out, because my contract is coming to an end I have to make sure everything is correct and in accordance with the notes in the finance department.

     P.S : I'm not actually a financial division even far from it, but since it's been done by other workers, therefore it must continue. What's interesting is that a guy from the finance department asked me what my position was, because he was surprised I used to go back and forth from the finance office a long time ago. I'm getting much help from Kak Dhyana, Mutia and Yenni (several projects also got different person in charge tho).

Finance thing

Design thing



3. Personal Affairs - Renew Driver License

     I totally forgot that we can get one day off if we're going to renew driver's license. Even tho I've attended a presentation on employee rights, here's me losing my mind. I pursued to extend the validity of my driver's license for two days by chasing mobile driver's license queue, and finally on the third day managed to get it by waiting for a long process at the police station (about four hours I finally got my new driver's license). Here I realized during a health check that my tension was pretty low, about 90 at the time. I realized I wasn't fully healthy yet, but didn't want to get into trouble on the road so I had to get this done quickly. 

     P.S : It is very difficult to get this mobile driver's license making queue, there are only about 20-25 slots per day. It's started at 7 A.M, you need to take two test by then. The first one is psychology tests and later is health tests. I was pretty scared I couldn't meet the standards of the health test because I was not well at the time. Thankfully, I can still get it. (the schedule for a mobile driver's license can be seen in the police SNS, you must prepare funds for the tests you take.)

left : mobile driver's license at Sanur Beach Parking Area
center : at the police station with all the files necessary to renew my driver's license
right : waiting in the waiting room provided


4. Declining Health Conditions

     I was shocked when I found blood on the tissue I used when I sneezed at four in the morning. I know my health is deteriorating, plus the work is piling up with very narrow deadlines. I'm trying to see a doctor to check on my health. Thankfully it was harmless and I got a prescription to redeem at the pharmacy afterwards. 

     My coworking guys are very unexpected, they're caring about my health and some of them are very funny by telling me that I might be infected with a new virus (ofc it's a joke). I've told them that I've seen a doctor and got a prescription, even I can't take day off because of this. I'm still blessed can finish my work properly by sending it before the deadline fell. (It was great !)


     So because my medicine has been neglected and my health is still not recovered as well. My co-workers are starting to get more worried (actually it's because I'm not just resting, it's not a serious problem). But I'm very grateful to all of them. Someone even drove me to the hospital and they said : " if the hospital results were bad, there would be other coworker friends accompanying you for lab tests" (they were worried that something bad was happening in my body that the ordinary eye could not detect).
     This is a photo of my coworker delivering to the referral clinic in accordance with my BPJS. It's already ten o'clock at night and we left after the office work was done. They even took me to dinner at Angkringan, because they were worried I hadn't eaten/not have enough energy.


     I still get days off every month, about 4 days a month. February was very busy indeed, arranging a trip to Japan in March as well as my sister's graduation at the university. So, I think it's only natural that I've reached the maximum limit so that my health is declining, plus a lack of rest too. I thank all my kind friends, of course I didn't upload this to SNS because I didn't want people to worry. But I'm grateful to still be given good health and friends with good souls to this day.





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you