Do It Yourself - JINU SBS Gayo Daejeon 2018 Red Carpet Costume

March 15, 2019


WINNER at SBS Gayo Daejeon 2018 Red Carpet (BURBERRY BOYS)

WINNER

Hoony, Yoon, Jinu and Mino (left to right)
Hello, come back with me and new post about WINNER members. Lately the atmosphere of kpop was bad especially  for fans who have been on kpop since 2006. My mood was not good but we should not drag on with sadness, resentment and hate right?

So here I want to share my happiness with you when this entry was published. I named it "Do It Yourself - JINU SBS Gayo Daejun 2018 Red Carpet Costume. Of course you can find out easily about the entries I want to share right now. To be honest, I didn't update too much with WINNER news in December last year and as I followed them on Instagram and Twitter, it's easy to get their latest information.

I saw them attend the red carpet process for SBS Gajo Daejeon 2018 event.
A few days later, I could not help myself from immediately realizing the clothes used by Jinu.
I really like sewing and I'm also a fashion school graduate, so I'm really excited about making this costume.
By the way, they're using Burberry x Vivienne Westwood collection. For Jinu itself, he's using two pieces costume, the top is oversized collar silk twill shirt and black skinny jeans that wrapped his leg perfectly. He also using pin detail vintage check woll beret from Burberry x Vivienne Westwood, for the boots, he's using Jadon Boots from Dr. Martens.

Why choose Jinu?  

There is no specific reason why I chose to make Jinu's costume, but seeing the biggest possibility by considering the time for making it, I think Jinu is really a good choice.

The vocal line only use one piece of Burberry clothes and I want to be nasty because I'm more confident about making shirts than pants.
//forgive me Yoon X'D // 
Fabric for Burberry Costume (JINU)

On this month, I've started work, so it's very difficult to find free time and the conclusion is I bought fabric through online shopping app - Shopee. Thank you shopee !

I also made a pattern and then cut into pieces and proceeded to sew it by using a machine. I sometimes feel dissatisfied with my work, indeed humans are never satisfied right? Can you see the problem ? I can't make symmetrical left-right motives.Gosh ! I tried to recover the problem and the results can be seen on my last pict here.


For one reason, finally the clothes that were supposed to be finished at the end of December, I could finish at the beginning of February. Yes it's because I don't have a complete tool/ machine, so it requires me to go to another place, for example to make buttons on this shirt! Hehe.
Because it was very difficult to find free time and when I came home at 5 pm, the shops were already closed, so the completion of this costume is rather late.

Sunday is my free time and I used it to make up test and costume test.

It's me waring my Jinu's costume


It's very difficult to represent Jinu, like in this photo thought.

The beret I wearing rather small heum need to improve.

Close up //nay//

Viewing from up side
Well that's the end, after a long journey to make clothes. Finally paid off as curiosity to use it directly by me hehe.

Jinu Costume by Namieka
March _ 2019
Bali

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you