𝐍𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐤𝐚 | 𝐂𝐢𝐞𝐥 𝐏𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐦𝐞 & 𝐖𝐢𝐠 𝐒𝐭𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠

October 08, 2023

Black Butler Yuki Chaya

    At first I didn't know where this Ciel's kimono design came from, I thought it was from the anime/magazine but it turned out to be false. After diving into the internet, I finally found the design and complete information. This design is the visual key of Sonny Music Inc.'s first official collaboration with Space Shower Networks Inc. at the Kyoto International Manga Anime Fair 2016 (Kyomaf) at Miyako Messe for Black Butler Yuki Chaya.

YouTube Thumbnail : Ciel Phantomive Costume & Wig Styling

    I do have a special interest for characters in traditional Japanese clothes. To be honest, one of my dreams is to have original clothes from Japan, maybe that's why I became interested in making my own clothes first. Of course I have a lot to learn about patterns, types of fabrics and the philosophy of each motif so as not to misplace costumes and events that take place someday when I use these clothes.

Black Butler Yuki Chaya

Work in Progress - Ciel Phantomhive : Black Butler Yuki Chaya

    I didn't take many photos on the this costume making, however I would like to thank Yue-san for making the motif for my Ciel's kimono. At first I didn't plan to realize this costume yet because I lost one of the print designs of the costume I was working on at that time (Lumine - Genshin Impact) caused me to directly contact Yue-san to order fabric printing. That's the beginning why this costume can be realized now.

    I use various types of fabrics, but the main fabric is sateen velvet (for printing and I chose the material is not too thick, because this shirt has three layers of clothes). For the rest are premium balotelli fabric and furing arrow. This type of furing is very smooth and thick, very suitable to be matched with sateen velvet but it doesn't really match the balotelli fabric because I get hot when using Ciel's haori.


    To be honest, by making clothes in layers in tropical countries, especially the Bali area which has quite a lot of sun, it is actually very risky. I once took a Wei Wuxian costume to a cosplay event in Bali (which was mostly outdoor) and it was excruciating. However because I really like the character, I usually go ahead with this project.


Catalog Photos

    The catalog-photos here, I usually do to post on SNS and also personal blog. Furthermore, the video shooting process will be carried out for my YouTube account. There's nothing special here, but you'll be able to see photos of the costumes and wig styling for Ciel Phantomhive : Black Butler Yuki Chaya in close-up pictures.








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you